Are you looking for a useful STEPN Sneaker guide?
Perhaps you recently decided that you want to give STEPN a try but now you’re wondering what sort of Sneaker NFT you should buy?
Well, look no further, because we’ve all been there and that’s why we’ve put together this useful guide that will help you make the right decision based on your personal goals.
In this guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about STEPN Sneakers, their different attributes, Gem Sockets, and how you can mint new ones.
Let’s get started!
Key Points (tl;dr)
- Sneakers NFTs are in-game assets that are required in order to play the STEPN game.
- There a 4 different types of sneakers: Walker, Joggers, Runners, and Trainers. Each type of sneaker is designed for a specific range of speed and you will only be able to earn GST with your sneaker if you stay within that range.
- STEPN Sneakers also come with 4 different attributes: Efficiency, Luck, Comfort, and Resilience. Each attribute influences a different aspect of your gameplay. Therefore, it’s important that you develop the optimal attributes strategy for your goals when you level up your Sneakers.
- Sneakers also have 4 Sockets which are unlocked at different milestones as you level up your sneakers over time. If you place a Gem into the Socket of your Sneaker, it amplifies the impact of your attributes.
- If you have 2 Sneakers or more that are at Level 5, you can also use them to mint a new Sneaker. However, you will also need to obtain matching Minting Scrolls before you can do so.
- Both Gems, as well as Minting Scrolls, can either be obtained from Mystery Boxes or purchased directly on the STEPN marketplace.
For a detailed analysis of how STEPN Sneakers work, PLEASE READ THE FULL ARTICLE.
Like this content? Then share it!
The STEPN Sneaker Guide for Beginnerswww.tokenizedhq.com
Here’s the answer. Great article by @ChrisHeidorn right here: https://tokenizedhq.com/stepn-sneaker-guide/
What Is a STEPN Sneaker?
In order to play the STEPN Move-to-Earn game, you must first purchase a Sneaker NFT. Sneakers are the most important in-game asset and strongly influence how successful you will be in the game. They can be improved through gameplay and also sold on the marketplace should you choose to stop playing.
However, downloading the game and creating an account isn’t enough in order to actually play.
And in order to do so, you’ll first have to top up your STEPN wallet with sufficient cryptocurrency (either SOL or BNB).
Anyway, the Sneaker NFT that you’re going to buy is effectively your ticket to the game and it is also an asset that can be improved as you play the game.
If you ever decide that you no longer want to play STEPN, you can sell the Sneaker on the marketplace (potentially even with a profit).
This is fundamentally different from traditional games that require you to pay to play but without ever giving you something back in return.
It also means that the motivation to play is often linked to economic incentives, for better or for worse.
What Are the 4 Types of STEPN Sneakers?
There are 4 different types of Sneaker NFTs: Walkers, Joggers, Runners, and Trainers. Each type of Sneaker is designed for a specific range of speed and GST earning potential per Energy that you consume.
The primary differentiator of Sneakers is the type of shoe that they represent.
You see, there are 4 different types of Sneakers and each one is dedicated to a certain group of people.
These groups are mainly determined by how physically active they are.
Here are the 4 types of STEPN Sneakers:
- Walkers: This type of shoe is for people who frequently go for walks and are focused on hitting a certain step count every day, irrespective of what their fitness level is.
- Joggers: These shoes are a good choice for people who occasionally go for a jog, without pushing themselves to any physical limits.
- Runners: If you’re an avid runner then owning one of these shoes definitely makes sense, even if you don’t run every day.
- Trainers: These all-rounder shoes have the benefit of covering a wide range of different speeds.
Now, it’s important to understand that choosing the right STEPN sneaker is not just a matter of taste or ambition.
You really need to think about what the majority of your physical activity looks like.
You see, even though you might be a really fast runner, you probably don’t go running every day.
And that becomes a problem in STEPN because you only earn points (GST) if you are moving within the speed range that your Sneaker is designed for.
In other words, if your goal is to maximize gameplay, then you most certainly will need a Sneaker that covers walking speeds.
Owning a Runner can still make sense for when you actually go for a run, however, you’re effectively just optimizing your earnings.
The table below provides a nice overview of the characteristics of each Sneaker type.
|Sneaker Type||Speed Range (km/h)||GST per Energy Spent|
|Walker||1 – 6||4|
|Jogger||4 – 10||5|
|Runner||8 – 20||6|
|Trainer||1 – 20||4 – 6.25|
What Attributes Should My STEPN Sneaker Have?
Every Sneaker comes with 4 attributes: Efficiency, Luck, Comfort, and Resilience. Each attribute can have a different value and will influence different aspects of gameplay. The optimal strategy largely depends on your game objectives, however, most players currently try to maximize Efficiency and Resilience at a ratio of 3:1.
Now that you’ve decided on the type of shoe that you need, you’ve probably realized that not all STEPN Sneakers are created equal.
That’s right, not only does every Sneaker come with a different set of base attributes, other players may have already added more points too.
So what exactly do the different Sneaker attributes in STEPN do?
Well, let’s have a look:
- Efficiency: This attribute helps increase the amount of GST you can earn per Energy spent.
- Luck: If you want to increase your chances of finding Mystery Boxes, then you should pick a shoe with more Luck.
- Comfort: This attribute will most likely be similar to Efficiency, but for GMT earning. It is still under development.
- Resilience: When you use your Sneaker, it loses durability over time and must be repaired. The Resilience attribute helps to reduce this effect.
There is no clear-cut strategy for picking the right attributes for your shoe.
In the end, it largely depends on what your personal objective is inside the STEPN game.
There is another aspect to Sneakers that we didn’t mention yet and which isn’t related to its attributes.
Sneaker NFTs come in 5 different qualities: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and Legendary.
|Quality||Attribute Points / Level Up|
Rarer Sneakers usually don’t play a big role if you’re only starting out and trying to learn the game.
However, as you make progress, you’ll quickly realize that rare STEPN Sneakers unlock many additional benefits.
The most important benefit is that rare Sneakers have a much higher attribute point range.
This is important to know because every time you level up a Sneaker, you receive a certain amount of attribute points that you can assign to whichever attribute you choose.
What Purpose Do Sneaker Sockets Have?
The Sockets of your STEPN Sneakers can be filled with Gems that enhance the effect of the attributes. The effect of Gems on the attributes can be quite significant because they act as multipliers.
There’s another aspect of STEPN Sneakers that we have mentioned yet.
All Sneakers come with 4 different Sockets, one for each of the attributes.
By default, these Sockets remain locked until the Sneaker is leveled up to certain milestones, at which they are unlocked one by one.
This happens at Levels 5, 10, 15, and 20.
Sockets are a very important aspect of the game because they allow you to boost the effectiveness of your Sneaker’s attributes beyond their normal levels.
And we’re not just talking about a few percent.
The further you progress in the game, the bigger their impact becomes.
Of course, as with other aspects of the game, there are many different qualities of Gems and they are among the rarer items within STEPN.
You can also upgrade Gems, however, it becomes increasingly difficult over time.
How to Mint New STEPN Sneakers
To mint a new Sneaker in STEPN, you must own at least 2 Sneakers with full durability, 2 Minting Scrolls that match the Sneakers’ qualities, and sufficient GST and GMT to pay for the mint itself.
This process used to be very easy, because you only needed to own 2 Sneaker NFTs and then you could mint up to 7 new Sneakers with a single pair.
As you can imagine, this eventually flooded the market with Sneakers.
That’s why STEPN recently changed the rules and introduced additional requirements to the shoe-minting process that make it considerably more difficult.
In addition to owning 2 STEPN Sneakers and having sufficient GST/GMT, you now need to obtain 2 Minting Scrolls that match the quality of the Vintage Sneakers as well.
If you only have a single Sneaker, you can still mint new ones if you have a friend who also plays STEPN and is willing to pool his assets with you.
STEPN Sneaker Guide Cheat Sheet
We’ve put together a very useful little cheat sheet that summarizes all of the key elements of our STEPN sneaker guide for you in a downloadable PDF file.
STEPN has created a truly complex gaming environment that not only keeps the game challenging but also allows them to balance out their game economy.
Although the key thing is to just get started, it’s important to understand how your choice of STEPN Sneaker influences your success in the game.
We hope this STEPN Sneaker guide provided some helpful insights and motivates you to dive deeper into the world of STEPN.