Are you looking for the perfect TikTok profile picture size?
Perhaps you’re working on a new profile pic for TikTok and want to make sure everything is perfect, but you’re unsure what the right PFP size is for TikTok?
Well, don’t worry, because we’ve laid it all in simple terms for you so that you can tick it off your to-do list and get back to creating new awesome TikTok videos.
In this guide, you’ll learn what the correct TikTok profile picture size is as well as how to retrieve a full-size version of other people’s PFP.
Let’s get started.
Key Points (tl;dr)
- TikTok has a minimum size requirement for profile pictures of precisely 20 x 20 pixels, however, it is strongly recommended that you use the correct or ideal TikTok profile picture size of 200 x 200 pixels.
- Other social media platforms use similar sizes, but if you look at all the different platforms, you’ll notice that the recommended sizes range from 110 x 110 pixels to 800 x 800 pixels:
- Facebook: 180 x 180
- Instagram: 110 x 110
- Twitter: 400 x 400
- LinkedIn (Companies): 300 x 300
- LinkedIn (Personal): 400 x 400
- YouTube: 800 x 800
- Pinterest: 165 x 165
- If you want to download a TikTok account’s profile picture in its full resolution, you’ll have to use a profile picture downloader tool for TikTok.
For a detailed explanation of what the correct TikTok profile picture size is, PLEASE READ THE FULL ARTICLE.
Like this content? Then share it!
Solved: The Correct TikTok Profile Picture Size in 2022www.tokenizedhq.com
Here’s the answer. Great article by @ChrisHeidorn from @Tokenized_HQ here: https://tokenizedhq.com/tiktok-profile-picture-size/
What Is the Correct TikTok Profile Picture Size?
The correct TikTok profile picture size is 200 x 200 pixels. The minimum size for your TikTok profile photo should be at least 20 x 20 pixels.
So it’s not surprising that you’re looking for the right TikTok profile picture size.
The correct size for a TikTok profile photo is 200 x 200 pixels.
If you have an image editing app, simply set the dimensions of your new canvas to 200 x 200 pixels and start creating your new profile pic.
Whatever you design within these boundaries is guaranteed to work fine since you’re using the right TikTok profile picture size.
A TikTok profile is a great way to make a statement and also create a recognizable brand for yourself.
- Avoid pixelated, low-quality imagery
- Clean and simple is best
- Few, but bold shades of color
- Ask your followers which one they prefer
Remember that the minimum TikTok profile picture size is 20 x 20, but we strongly recommend that you try using something bigger.
What Is a Good Size for a Profile Picture on Social Media?
Most social media platforms have an ideal profile picture size between 110 x 110 and 800 x 800 pixels and the aspect ratio is effectively always 1:1 (a square shape).
And the same is true for all sorts of other imagery that you can add to your profiles, groups, or channels.
In fact, given the speed at which social media apps and platforms are developing, it’s safe to assume that you may have to update each and every image at least once a year.
And to make matters even worse, sometimes a single image is used for a responsive website, so it needs to work on all sorts of different devices (mobile and desktop).
If you’re only looking for the ideal profile picture sizes for various social media platforms, then here’s a quick list.
- TikTok profile picture size: 200 x 200
- Facebook profile picture size: 180 x 180
- Instagram profile picture size: 110 x 110
- Twitter profile picture size: 400 x 400
- LinkedIn company profile picture size: 300 x 300
- LinkedIn personal profile picture size: 400 x 400
- YouTube profile picture size: 800 x 800
- Pinterest profile picture size: 165 x 165
- Discord profile picture size: 128 x 128
How Do I Get My TikTok Profile Picture in Full Size?
The only way you can download TikTok profile pictures in their full size is by using one of the freely available TikTok profile pictured downloaders.
Downloading your own or someone else’s profile picture on TikTok is relatively easy to do.
Unfortunately, all of the regular methods of downloading TikTok PFPs only give you access to a very small version of the profile picture.
For example, if you go to the TikTok website and simply right-click a profile image and save it to your device, it only has dimensions of 100 x 100 pixels.
This is far from the TikTok profile picture full size that some people upload to their accounts.
There are effectively 2 ways to get your hands on a higher resolution image of someone’s profile pic on TikTok.
Once the high-res profile pic is displayed on your device, you can easily download it.
Both methods are similar and very easy to use, so don’t worry too much about which one is better.
Every time a new social media platform pops up or an existing one evolves, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep track of all the correct profile picture sizes.
But given the increasing popularity of TikTok, you simply cannot ignore this platform anymore and need to make sure you’re using the right TikTok profile picture size.
Here at Tokenized, we want to help you learn as much as possible about social media. We help you navigate the world of tech and the digitalization of our society at large, including the tokenization of assets and services.